It’s no secret that companies and individuals alike have fallen victim to identity theft and scams because of stolen information from a sensitive document that was not destroyed of properly. A company has to take great care in the way they destroy paperwork in order to protect their customers. Here are eight benefits of proper document destruction.
1. Document shredding gives company owners and customers peace-of-mind knowing that their information has been destroyed of properly.
2. Shredding responsibly gives organizations the option of having the process taken care of by a third party, there is no need to buy expensive paper shredders if there is a company that can come to your job site and handle the process for you.
3. Shredding and then recycling paper keeps landfills from filling up sooner than they should. Paper is one of the most used materials in circulation. Just about every household and company throws out paper on a daily basis. By shredding paper, landfills will be available for trash that cannot be recycled for a longer period of time.
4. In some cases shredding of personal information keeps a company compliant with state and federal regulations on how to destroy or handle sensitive information.
5. Confidential shredding of documents, gives customers and business owners an unspoken bond of trust.
6. From an environmental standpoint, document shredding protects trees from being used for new paper products.
7. Document shredding also provides a safe and clean way of taking care of trash. After all, no one likes having piles of loose papers laying around and taking up space.
8. The process gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing your part to protect the environment and the personal lives of your customers. Companies that go out of the way to protect their customers will find loyalty and more sales because they are a trusted, established business.